Join the Impact team this summer and serve in a new and exciting way. Selections will be made by February 29.
Have unique gifts? Help serve!
- media + storytelling
- other roles
– February 29: Initial application deadline. All applicants whose applications are complete by this deadline will be considered equally.
– April 1: Final application deadline. Additional applications will be received until the final deadline. Applications received between March 1 and April 1 will be considered individually for any positions that are still available.
Impact Staff Application Requirements:
- Impact Staff Application Form
- Application Essay: Each applicant must submit a brief typed essay (600-900 words)
- Minister’s Reference Form: All applicants must be actively involved in a BGAV BCM or in a Baptist General Association of Virginia (BGAV) church. Please have either your Baptist Collegiate Minister or a pastor of the BGAV church in which you are actively involved complete the Minister’s Reference Form. (If neither your Baptist Collegiate Minister nor pastor can complete the form, another staff member from the BGAV church in which you are actively involved is acceptable.)
- Adult Reference: It is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain references from one other individual in addition to the person who completed the Minister’s Reference Form: an adult friend who is not the applicant’s campus minister, pastor, or relative.
Mikayla Barnes is serving as Communications and Volunteer Coordinator. In this position, she helps volunteers get the information they need to get on the field for Impact Mission Camps, Disaster Response (DR), and other national mission opportunities as needed. She will facilitate communications and marketing efforts for all areas within Mission Development. Mikayla is the Impact Mission Camps on-site coordinator. Contact Mikayla at Mikayla.Barnes@bgav.org or 804-915-5000 ext. 7265.
Glenn Maddox is the National Missions Director for the Mission Development Team. In this role, Glenn will oversee our national mission efforts by coordinating Disaster Response, Impact Mission Camps, and other national based efforts. Glenn’s 10 years serving in Mission Development brings a unique ability to build relationships and provide leadership to our growing national missions emphasis in disaster response and community development. Contact Glenn at Glenn.Maddox@bgav.org or 804-915-5000 ext. 7269.
Butch Meredith is the Construction Coordinator. In this role, Butch will coordinate construction for Impact and long-term recovery for future disaster responses. He will train construction volunteers and also help establish strategic partnerships with trade organizations. Contact Butch at Butch.Meredith@bgav.org