As we prepare to finish our time here at Impact, take moment to reflect over this past week. Think about those you have met, the moments when you saw God move or speak to you, and how this week may have changed or be changing you.
How have you felt God speaking to you this week? Have you felt Him calling you to do something?
“He doesn’t play favorites, takes no bribes, makes sure orphans and widows are treated fairly, takes loving care of foreigners by seeing that they get food and clothing. You must treat foreigners with the same loving care – remember, you were once foreigners in Egypt.” Deuteronomy 10:18-19 (MSG)
- Has this week made a difference in the way that you view and welcome those around you?
- How has this week changed the way that you respond to the “stranger” at home? In your school, church and community? In the world?
Take a moment and read Matthew 25:31-40.
In The Message, verse 40 is written: “Then the King will say, ‘I’m telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me – you did it to me.”
We know that regardless of our vocational call, our mission is to love. To love our neighbor. To love the stranger. To welcome all. In loving, serving, and welcoming others, we have the opportunity to share the love of Christ and point others towards Him, so that through us God’s love and salvation may be seen and shared.
- How have you seen God calling you to love, to serve, and to welcome those that you encounter when you return home?
“’Which of these three, do you think, proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell among the robbers?’ He said, ‘The one who showed him mercy.’ And Jesus said to him, ‘You go, and do likewise.” Luke 10:36-37 (ESV)
- What does this command “go, and do likewise” mean to you?
- How has this week moved you to respond?
- As you finish your mission here, how and where will you go and do likewise?